Setting up of Transfer of Business Centre of Excellence (CoE) is considered as a pivotal part of DANAE project results, not least because it is expected to assist the achievement of the following benefits:
- continuity of project results,
- continuous adaptation to market signals and improvement of DANAE project outputs according to the latter,
- strong multiplying and disseminating capabilities,
- substantial contribution towards an improved environment for business transfers and quality of advisory services for business transfers on the whole range of issues that may arise during transfers
DANAE Centre of Excellence is expected to incorporate the following functions:
- to act as depositary of DANAE Project training content, tools and delivery methods,
- to constitute the sole awarding body for advisors in business transfers wishing to take up DANAE training sessions,
- to grant the right to appoint its awarding rights to appropriately accredited organisations, such as chambers of commerce and industry, training institutions, etc.
- to become a nodal point for the exchange of knowledge and expertise on issues related to business transfers,
- to facilitate intra-European business transfers, mainly through its intense networking capabilities.
DANAE Centre of Excellence is envisaged to operate as a distinct non-profit legal entity, which will be based in one of the countries participating in DANAE Project, with potential branches/ antennas throughout the EU.
Initial participants in DANAE Centre of Excellence are expected to be the organisations participating in DANAE project. Participation of additional organisations is possible, after the end of the proposed DANAE project, through agreement of existing participants. Furthermore, an invitation towards the European Commission, DG Enterprise and Industry to cover one or more non executive seat(s) in DANAE CoE Board of Directors is envisaged.
Prior to the establishment of the CoE, the following actions will be taken:
- elaboration of a thorough Feasibility Analysis, which will examine all the operational and organizational issues related to the CoE, incorporating inter alia a detailed DANAE project results exploitation Plan.
- elaboration of the CoE key legal framework documents (statute, rules of procedures and operations, etc.),
- submission of the above to the European Commission for approval, as a means to safeguard that all relevant requirements of the Call for Proposals are met (e.g. avoidance of double funding, avoidance of profit-making initiatives and structures, etc.).